We use the API to integrate RC features into our web-based SASS custom enterprise application. One use is for SMS: At the profile of any employee, customer, or vendor, we can send an SMS to the contact with a button click. Replies from the contact arrive quickly in the profile on a Messages tab, and we can view an extended conversation.
We see the same conversation in the RC app on our mobile phones. However, if a user replies to the conversation from the phone, that message (which is part of the same conversation) does not appear in our enterprise app, even though any reply from the recipient does appear.
For example, suppose a user in our office initiates an SMS conversation with a remote employee as follows:
- "Hello." Sent by our office user from our application. This appears as expected in the application's Message tab.
- "Hi.What's up?" Reply from the remote employee appears as expected in Messages tab.
- "Can you call the office about your schedule?" sent from the application appears as expected.
- "OK I will call you in 10 minutes." Appears as expected. All of this also appears in the RC app on a mobile phone.
- If our office user then uses the RC mobile app to say "Thank you," this appears in the RC mobile app but does not appear in our web-based application Messages tab.
- "No problem. I wanted to talk about the schedule anyway." This remote employee reply will appear in both the Messages tab and the RC mobile phone, so we are clearly all in the same conversation thread.
Can anyone tell me how to get the message described in #5 above to appear in our web-based application's Messages tab?