question

tig avatar image
tig asked ·

Contacts won't sync

I use Ringcentral for Windows and some of my contacts synced and some did not. On the iPhone app all contacts synced. I use chrome not outlook. How can I get the rest of my contacts to sync in the windows app?

U.S. 
Version 8.0.4.20112
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mike avatar image
mike answered ·
Where are the contacts stored?   Or did you ad them through the web portal (use a CSV file? )  ?

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

tig avatar image
tig answered ·
They are in my Gmail contacts and my iPhone. They sync with each other. Somehow some of my contacts synced with ringcentral early on but they won't all sync. The iPhone app does sync but not ringcentral for windows.
6 comments Share

The RingCentral Desktop app for Windows, currently syncs only with Outlook.  If there are a lot of contacts you need to sync, the best solution is to import via CSV file. 

Importing Personal contacts in your RingCentral account
0 Likes 0 · ·
I will try this thanks!
0 Likes 0 · ·
How long will it take for them to show up in the windows app?

0 Likes 0 · ·
They will show up right away, as soon as you upload the csv file.  If you are not seeing them, log out of the Desktop app, then log back in again, and they should be there. 

Mike 
0 Likes 0 · ·
That did it. Thanks!
0 Likes 0 · ·
Show more comments
mike avatar image
mike answered ·
FYI.... I'm going to merge this post into an "idea" request that we have for force synce button, so that you don't have to log out & log back in.   Feel free to comment or click the Vote button on the new thread. 

joe-gatsby avatar image
joe-gatsby answered ·

I had all of my contacts synched into the mobile app. However, these are not showing on my personal contacts list in the web portal. Any idea? Thank you in advance for your answers.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces