question

Bryan P avatar image
Bryan P asked jessica-community-moderator commented

Mobile App: How to Warm Transfer on the RC mobile app?

I can't seem to find a way to do a "Warm Transfer" to another employee when I receive a call. I need to be able to talk to the employee I will transfer the call to first before I actually transfer the call. On the mobile app there is no way to do this, and on the desktop app there is a button but for some reason it isn't letting me press it! Please Please let there be a warm transfer option on the mobile app and let it work on the desktop app.

Thank you

softphonemobile
8 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mike avatar image mike commented ·
For now, this is the only option. but I've created an "idea" topic to have this added to the app. Please visit the following page and click the vote button.  Mobile App: Add a Warm Transfer button to mobile app.
1 Like 1 ·
Hi Brian,  Sorry for the instructions above. They are a little confusing. The warm transfer from the mobile app will work.  When you have the caller on the line, dial:

##*1 (pause) enter 10 digit number. 

Let us know if you have any problems. 

Mike 
0 Likes 0 ·
genea3741 avatar image genea3741 mike commented ·
We had tried to follow your instructions.  It does not work. The transfer is blind as opposed to me being able to stay on the line.
0 Likes 0 ·
mike avatar image mike mike commented ·
This process should work, but there was a firmware upgrade several weeks ago.  Be sure to read the following article and first set the default type to whichever is the most beneficial for your situation.  

Mike 
0 Likes 0 ·
francis-landicho5437 avatar image francis-landicho5437 mike commented ·
Hi mike we tried doing this ##*1+ 10 digit number. however we entered the extension number and it did not work. Is their a way to do a warm transfer using extension number?
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Bryan P avatar image
Bryan P answered Bryan P commented
Where can I find the Quick Dial Numbers of other employees? Is that the same as their extensions? Also, I tried doing your "Note" and it transferred the call, but it did not do a Warm Transfer. I need to be able to talk to a fellow employee while the customer is on hold, and then just hang up and the new employee is on the call.
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Yes,  the "quick dial" is the same as their extension number.
0 Likes 0 ·
Bryan P avatar image Bryan P commented ·
I tried this and it says it would do what you said it would do, but then it says "Im sorry, your call could not be connected. You have a call on hold..." The extension I am trying to transfer to is active and "available", but it won't work, and suggestions?
0 Likes 0 ·
Bryan P avatar image
Bryan P answered chris-duquette4018 commented
I also try to do a warm transfer on the desktop app, and I see the button, but it is gray and it will only let me do a blind call transfer.
6 comments
1 |3000

We are looking into the mobile app issue and get back to you, but, on the Desktop app, you'll have to fill out the "to" field.  Then the gray buttons will turn blue and become active. 

Mike
0 Likes 0 ·
This also is not working for me, is there some setting I need to check?
0 Likes 0 ·
Okay, this worked, but is there any way of making this a simpler process?
0 Likes 0 ·
Thank you for doing that, but for some reason my desktop app wont light up the warm transfer button even if I do have someone in the "to" box.
0 Likes 0 ·
It should light up/turn blue, as soon as you finish typing in the 10 digit number, or as soon as you selected an existing contact.    If not try to log out and log back in again and see what happens. Also if the problem persists let us know what version of the RingCentral Desktp app you are using. 
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Bryan P avatar image
Bryan P answered mike Deactivated commented
It would be nice if I didnt have to input my company's phone number again when I am trying to do a warm transfer. It would be best if i could just put in the extension of my coworker.
1 comment
1 |3000

What device are you referring to? Mobile app, Desktop app, or deskphone?  

If it helps, on the Desktop app, and Mobile app you can search the directory. You can usually find the person just by typing in the first few letters of their name. 
0 Likes 0 ·
param-sagoo3727 avatar image
param-sagoo3727 answered
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled warm transfer from mobile application. I want to do a warm transfer from the mobile phone app
1 |3000

info5049 avatar image
info5049 answered
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I would like to consultative transfer to people outside my ring central users. I would like to consultative transfer to people outside my ring central users from the android mobile app
1 |3000

kellye-markowski avatar image
kellye-markowski answered jessica-community-moderator commented
I have tried doing a warm transfer by these instructions and it doesn't work - it is a blind transfer.  You refer to an article above but I don't see the article to read or understand what settings to change. I need to use the mobile app to make a warm transfer to a number outside my office.  Can someone help?
1 comment
1 |3000

jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hi Kellye, 

Currently there isn't a way to warm transfer on the app.  lease visit the following page and click the vote button.  Mobile App: Add a Warm Transfer button to mobile app.
0 Likes 0 ·
mike avatar image
mike Deactivated answered
Hello Bryan, 

Try the follow the steps below.
  Step 1:  To transfer a call to another phone number,  press ## to place the call on hold, then press * + 1 + Quick Dial number + #. 

NOTE:  You can also use ## + extension + # in transferring calls to an extension.

Step 2:  The call will now be transferred.  You can remain on the line to introduce your transferred caller to the next number.

Step 3:  Hang up anytime to complete the transfer or press ** to cancel the transfer.
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app