question

jim-westman8284 avatar image
jim-westman8284 asked mary-community-moderator commented

The caller can't hear me when using the RingCentral app on my iPhone 7+.

I've deleted and reinstalled the app several times with no luck. My microphone works fine with any other app. It seems like the app is not asking for permission to use the microphone. Under Settings>Privacy>Microphone there are no apps listed requesting access to the microphone.

ringcentral appphone
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered saadetswift16514 commented
Hey Jim,

Is this happening on the RingCentral Mobile App (similar to the softphone) or the RingCentral Meetings App (the mobile version)?

Could you share a screen shot of the Settings section where the microphone should be?
8 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Quick question, Jim! What do you have for: Settings General Restrictions Microphone Allow Changes? Could you share a screen shot?

1 Like 1 ·
jim-westman8284 avatar image jim-westman8284 commented ·
I'm using the RingCentral phone app.  I've attached screenshots of the app and the settings section for the microphone.  
0 Likes 0 ·
Hmmm....that's odd since mine is showing up. I have an iPhone 8 with iOS 11.2.1

Which iOS are you on?
0 Likes 0 ·
Also, what options do you see when you go to Settings -> RingCentral

Do you see the microphone option?
0 Likes 0 ·
jim-westman8284 avatar image jim-westman8284 commented ·
I'm on 11.2.1.  

Here's a screenshot of the RingCentral settings. 
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
jim-westman8284 avatar image
jim-westman8284 answered saadetswift16514 commented
Ding! Ding! Ding!  - That's it - problem solved!  I switched the slider from "Don't Allow Changes" to "Allow Changes" and now I can hear the callers.  

Thank you so much,
Jim
1 comment
1 |3000

Hooray!!!!
0 Likes 0 ·
amanda-wollman avatar image
amanda-wollman answered amanda-wollman commented
Hello,
I'm having the same problem as above:
Under Settings>Privacy>Microphone there are no apps listed requesting access to the microphone. 

I tried your fix however under "Settings-General", I do not have the option "Restrictions Microphone Allow Changes". 

As I know this thread is outdated can you provide an update? I'm also on an iphone 7
6 comments
1 |3000

jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hi Amanda, 

This is now under Settings - Privacy - Microphone - and ensure that RingCentral is on. 
0 Likes 0 ·
amanda-wollman avatar image amanda-wollman commented ·
thanks jessica however ring central does not show up in this list.
0 Likes 0 ·
jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Are you on the latest version of the app? 
0 Likes 0 ·
amanda-wollman avatar image amanda-wollman commented ·
I've tried both the new 'R' app and the RC phone app.  No luck with either.

0 Likes 0 ·
When you go to settings for the app under Settings - RingCentral in your phone settings, do you have the microphone enabled? 
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
amanda-wollman avatar image
amanda-wollman answered
Figured it out!
"settings - screen time - content and privacy restrictions " 
1 |3000

eric-amundson avatar image
eric-amundson answered mary-community-moderator commented
Using iPhone 11 (SX max) with latest iOS. When I answer a call in the Ring Cental App I can hear the caller but they can't hear me. If they call my cell directly there is no problem. Microphone is enabled for Ring Central in the Privacy > Microphone settings. Microphone doesn't work on video call either. Check Screen time preference and all is fine there. Any ideas?
1 comment
1 |3000

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hello Eric,

Can you try to uninstall/reinstall your RingCentral App?
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app