question

ericnixmd10364 avatar image
ericnixmd10364 asked ·

Softphone Crash Monitor

My laptop's fan has been running a lot.  I opened up task manager several times to find an app called "SoftphoneCrashMonitor (32-bit)" using excessive resources (7-20% of a Xeon 3.0 GHz CPU).  If I quit RingCentral's app, the resource hog goes away.

This was not a problem until that latest app update.
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

ericnixmd10364 avatar image
ericnixmd10364 answered ·
I uninstalled and reinstalled the RingCentral app along with uninstalling RingCentral for Outlook.  Also uninstalled Malwarebytes.  This seemed to have resolved it.

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jared16517 avatar image
jared16517 answered ·
Hi Eric. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. It is possible that this had something to do with Malwarebytes and how it interacts with the RingCentral softphone. I would suggest opening up a case if you continue to have issues. 

dickbransford avatar image
dickbransford answered ·
SoftphoneCrashMonitor.exe (32 bit) is using 30%+ of my CPU!  Not acceptable!  I have never used Malwarebytes, so the problem is unrelated to that.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces