question

smith1234567 avatar image
smith1234567 asked Joe Schubach answered

Is anyone else getting a ton of phone calls where you can't hear anyone?

Is anyone else getting a ton of phone calls where you can't hear anyone? I get about 5 calls a day like this. Is this a sales call? Or is there something wrong with my line?

phone
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

lee2 avatar image
lee2 answered
The first thing is to make sure that you have followed the network guide. If that doesnt solve the problem you will probably want to contact support. They will need call samples and packet captures, If you can get them. I had the issue with call queues. I dont have it with ring groups.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jeff-salisbury7355 avatar image
jeff-salisbury7355 answered
If they are numbers you don't recognize it might be what I get often at home. The auto-spammer's calling system waits to hear a human voice then there is a long delay before the next available agent actually gets on the call - sometimes nobody ever gets on.
1 |3000

jay-nichols5644 avatar image
jay-nichols5644 answered
The other point to these calls is that if you answer with a human voice, they know it's a valid line.  I've called those numbers back and sometimes get a recording telling me to press 1 for the next operator.  SOMETIMES, if you wait long enough, they will say "Press # to be removed from our call list".  But if you call one of those numbers back and get a real person, tell them to remove you from their call list or to put you on the do not call list.  You may have to threaten with a complaint to the FCC.  I've gotten to the point of not answering calls from even local numbers that don't look right to me.  

1 |3000

d-penner15975 avatar image
d-penner15975 answered d-penner15975 commented
Hi there, we still get these constantly - from our contacts. People we know. It's not spam junkie calls at all - at least not for us! 
2 comments
1 |3000

bjsvec avatar image bjsvec commented ·
What kind of firewall are you using and what troubleshooting have you done?

I am aware of and working on an issue related to Cisco Meraki wireless and iOS around 802.11k that can cause intermittent loss of audio.

0 Likes 0 ·
d-penner15975 avatar image d-penner15975 commented ·
We use Asus RT-N66U router for firewall. Last week we had Ringcentral Network tech look at the settings and he said it was good. We almost exclusively use Aastra desk phones. I personally use the app on android occasionally but have not encountered the problem there.
0 Likes 0 ·
Joe Schubach avatar image
Joe Schubach answered
We get a lot of these daily. For a while it was our system not set up correctly on the RC App and customers would call us back, so we knew the call was legit. Nobody calls back now and we've called many of them back and they are always spam. I don't understand why RC can't block them. 
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app