question

king-lure avatar image
king-lure asked king-lure commented

Delete Voice Mail on Phone that has never had a pin assigned?

I have a Polycom 311 desk phone that was originally assigned to an employee who left before setting up the phone. I plugged in the phone in our spare office, but there are voice mails on it. There was never a pin assigned and I cannot find a way to "reset" or delete the voice mails without this pin. Is there a generic pin that I can use until phone has a "real" owner?

voicemail
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered king-lure commented
Hi KING, 

Can you confirm if this phone is still assigned to an extension? If it is, admin's have the capability to go into the extension where the voicemail is housed, and reset the password and PIN for the extension. 
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

king-lure avatar image king-lure commented ·
I was able to go into the messages through the extension, but since the phone had never been set up (user left before doing this), it would not give me a password option.  We did solve by assigning to a new user and he took care of it.  I appreciate your response, and hopefully won't run into this again!
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app