question

bala-koppella12102 avatar image
bala-koppella12102 asked saadetswift16514 commented

Ringcentral app copying personal text messages to admin inbox

My ringcentral admin is getting personal text messages of selective ringcentral users in her inbox. She is getting personal texts from personal phone # to another personal #. Is this a security bug ringcentral should look into ?

ringcentral appsms and text messaging
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

bob-gross avatar image
bob-gross answered saadetswift16514 commented
I am having same issue and reported to tech support.  Waiting for a response.
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

nicholas-laws-ext-117713622 avatar image nicholas-laws-ext-117713622 commented ·
We are still having the same issues and the support tech I spoke with said it was impossible. I have multiple email threads to prove but RC hasn't done anything about it. Turned off SMS for most of our users as they didn't want their personal texts read by coworkers.
0 Likes 0 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hi Nicholas, could you forward me more info about this to community.support@ringcentral.com? Especially examples of what you and your users were seeing and a case number
0 Likes 0 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered
Please do open a case so we can look into what's going on!

1 |3000

audra-wathen avatar image
audra-wathen answered saadetswift16514 commented
We have the same issue. Has anyone received an answer for why this happens and/or what to do about it? So far, support does not understand what I'm communicating.
3 comments
1 |3000

Hey Audra, it's possible that the User has the Admin's email listed under the Messages and Notifications section where you can have text messages emailed to you. I would suggest having both the User and the Admin check their settings. Here's an article that walks you through them
0 Likes 0 ·
audra-wathen avatar image audra-wathen commented ·
Figured out what was causing this. It's our outgoing caller ID. If a user texts someone, it displays their number as the caller ID, and they can receive texts back. If they call someone and that person texts back the caller ID (auto Dr. office replies, client responses, etc.), they are texting the Outgoing Caller ID, which is currently set to our company main number. Our admin account gets all notifications for the main number. I read somewhere that we could possibly set up a Zapier workflow for our Ring Central account to recognize the intended recipient. We're looking into this or just turning off our notifications.
0 Likes 0 ·
Ah! That makes sense. Thanks for sharing! 
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app