question

randy-morris14318 avatar image
randy-morris14318 asked Welcome edited

HIPAA compliant Fax cover pages

We are a medical office and new to Ring Central. Like all medical practice in the U.S., we are required to use a HIPAA compliant Fax cover page.

There are several ways to send Faxes but only one that lets you choose a custom Fax cover page (The Ring Central Phone Desktop App)

We would like to be able to send Faxes using other methods (especially Email to Fax)

Just wondering if anyone has discovered a work around

Thanks in advance

fax
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

dr-steve-donnelly avatar image dr-steve-donnelly commented ·
Totally agree. I don't know why a HIPAA compliant cover sheet isn't standard in the list of options, especially since a custom cover sheet can't even be created in the unified RC app.
1 Like 1 ·
Richard Williams avatar image
Richard Williams answered

I would create a word or text file with the cover page you desire, add this to the file you would like to fax or attach it as one of the files to be faxed and then use RC to send the fax with NONE as the choice for cover page. This is what I do....

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Richard Williams avatar image
Richard Williams answered

Now, it might be easier for RC to allow you to choose a file as your fax cover page instead of creating a cover page editor or trying to guess what info you would like on the page...

It would be nice to be able to preview the fax before sending also. I have not won the lottery yet, so I cannot pay for these upgrades...

1 |3000

Andrew Kiel avatar image
Andrew Kiel answered Welcome edited

While faxing is largely one of those "olden times" things, there are plenty of organizations (healthcare, financial services, etc) who depend on faxing. I am quite confused - and surprised - why this is not already built into the platform.

1 comment
1 |3000

Welcome avatar image Welcome commented ·

I think it is built into the platform. See pics below - you can choose what you put on the cover page, and you can omit the cover page.
capture2.jpg.

0 Likes 0 ·
capture2.jpg (91.0 KiB)
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app