question

daniel-cockerill avatar image
daniel-cockerill asked juan-navarro answered

Issue with Headset picking up a ton of background noise

The headset I am using for the softphone app is picking up a ton of background noise and I can't seem to get it resolved. Does anyone have any suggestions for me.

phone
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered
Try a good quality headset with noise cancelling feature?  I can recommend Julie at headsetsplus.com for a personal, knowledgeable person to ask about headsets.  Good luck.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

frances-gallup14433 avatar image
frances-gallup14433 answered
The laptop mic and headset mic are on at the same time. You will need to disable the laptop's internal mic. We almost returned all our headsets due to this. Now it works without picking up all the sounds around you. Let me know if this resolves your issue.
1 |3000

juan-navarro avatar image
juan-navarro answered
Check under the ring central settings make sure the Microphone is set to the head set, mine was set to system and it was picking up all the noises around my house
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app