Question

Hard phone dropped calls

• 6 March 2019
  • 3 replies

For the last few weeks, we re experiencing a LOT of dropped calls from RingCentral Polycom phones. So far, RC does not have a response. Has anyone else seen a spike in dropped calls recently ?

3 replies

Hey Buonopane,

Often times this is a result of a Network Issue. Looks like you are working with our Support Team right now, which is good! Continue to work with them since these things require a deep dive
Can you explain more? Do your calls connect but then after some conversation just randomly disconnect?
We have had a lot of problems with that too. Calls either (1) connect and go for 10-14 seconds and then disconnect, OR (2), are dead when you pick them up. Dead, meaning that you don't hear anything from the caller.

Just the last few days we have a few phones that when you call out it rings/connects but you can't hear anything from the person you called. However, they can hear us fine but we just can't hear anything. Not a good business phone solution!
Every single inbound call from ring central drops in the first 20 seconds of the call. This is not an issue with internet connecting, this is a full blown bug and needs to be fixed because it renders the service 100% useless.

In addition to every inbound call dropping, the call doesn't show up in the app to return the call. Which makes it impossible to call the person back. To make matters even worse, if I go to the call log of my phone to view and copy the number to actually SPEAK TO MY CLIENTS... the phones caller id shows that the information is unavailable. Can anyone from the company resolve the issue?