question

shannon1234 avatar image
shannon1234 asked ·

Is there a way to report (via email/phone, etc) the fraudulent use of a phone line owned by RingCentral?

Is there a way to report (via email/phone, etc) the fraudulent use of a phone line owned by RingCentral? One that is being used for fraud against RingCentral ToS?
General Topic
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

cglassy3135 avatar image
cglassy3135 answered ·

USA-based acct | 2287 Users | 3800 DID lines | 28 sites | all Polycom VVX500 phone handsets

Saadet or Jessica if you have a KB article on how to report this - please link it here!

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered ·
Hi Shannon, 

Can you provide more information regarding the fraudulent use? What numbers are being impacted, and in what way? Thanks! 

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered ·
Hey Shannon, I'm following up on this thread. Could you provide us with more details? We've made this thread Private so that only yourself & Community moderators (such as myself and Jessica) can see it. Hope to hear from you soon!

shannon1234 avatar image
shannon1234 answered ·

Apologies, I was on vacation and didn't have access to my email. The number I've been wanting to report is 800-909-2927. It was initially reported to Bank of America because it was calling clients stating they had won a prize and needed personal information to claim the prize. Upon investigating, it appears the number is likely operating a scam (the information I received showed the owner has a 876 area code which is Jamaica, and a very common scam we see used for abuse) stating they are the "an claiming" department. I would like to report the number for investigation as it appears to be operating fraud to get personal information from unsuspecting victims.
3 comments

Thank you very much, I appreciate the assistance!
1 Like 1 ·
Hi Shannon, 

I've forwarded everything to our fraud team-- thank you for reporting this! 
0 Likes 0 ·
Just to follow up, the fraud team investigated and confirmed that the associated account was disabled earlier today.  
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app