question

aaron-miller15161 avatar image
aaron-miller15161 asked jessica-community-moderator answered

RingCentral Soft Phone in a Server-based Environment

First, I am not a developer but looking for answers to resolve an issue some of our clients are experiencing. We have a number of clients who use RingCentral who operate in a server-based environment, many of this connect via Remote Desktop to the server others via a dumb terminal that connects them directly to the server. I understand that it is not possible to run the RingCentral Soft phone on a server for more than one user.

My first question is when will the ability for multiple users to be able to run the soft phone on a server be available? I see that it has been requested multiple times over the last few years but don't yet see a definite answer as to when/if this will be available. It seems that as more and more companies move to outsourcing this that it would be a priority.

Second, given the limitation above the only solution is to install the soft phone on the user work station. This, however, prevents the soft phone and the applications the clients use from being able to be integrate because the soft phone cannot launch applications via Remote Desktop. What would be the best approach to make this happen?

softphone
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered
Hi Aaron, 

There aren't any current future plans to make this a functionality with RC. 
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app