question

max-hepburn15464 avatar image
max-hepburn15464 asked mitch-turner commented

iphone badges do not disappear

the badge notifications on the Glip app for Iphone is not disappearing properly. It will constantly show I have 97 badges but when I go into the app and then leave the app it disappears. Once I get a message the previous badge count reappears at 97. Why is this not working properly?

mobile
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

max-hepburn15464 avatar image
max-hepburn15464 answered
ahhh I see. Glad I'm not alone on this one!
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered
Hi Max, 

I'm having the same problem on my phone. It is a reported issue that's being actively investigated. If I hear anymore updates, I'll post them here :) 
1 |3000

mitch-turner avatar image
mitch-turner answered mitch-turner commented

Same issue, but my number is "5". When I wake my iPhone (current iOS, all apps updated) it always shows 5 notifications when there has been RC activity I've handled on the desktop app. When I open the phone app, I see it updating itself, I usually find no actual new/outstanding items, and if I go back to home screen, notification red dot on badge is gone. Interestingly, if the app on phone is showing the 5 in the red dot, and phone goes to sleep, then if there is RC activity the number goes up from 5 (so I'll see 6 or 8 depending on how many actions happened).

This is quite annoying, as I waste lots of time opening the RC app to see if I missed something and finding out it's just the bug.

2 comments
1 |3000

jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @mitch-turner,

The bug from July has been solved.

Please open a case with our support team to ensure there is not another bug that needs to be addressed, and to get your notifications all sorted. Thanks!

-1 Like -1 ·
mitch-turner avatar image mitch-turner jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks for that feedback and direction! Really appreciate it! Will do.

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app