question

deborah-overbeck14525 avatar image
deborah-overbeck14525 asked ·

Hold Issue on Conference Ph: Whenever a call is placed on hold, phone start ringing out

I've been having this issue with our conference phone for months and no rep is able to fix it. Whenever a call is put on hold, the person on hold hears continuous ringing as if the call is dialing out. 

I've been able to set hold music/tones for regular lines but the conference phone doesn't show that option. Has anyone else had this issue??

General Topic
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered ·
What is the model of the phone anyhow did you provision it with RingCentral?

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

deborah-overbeck14525 answered ·
It's a  Polycom VVX311. We went through all the initial set up steps with RC

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered ·
Can you share a screenshot of the Screening, Greeting & Hold Music section for that user?  I don't understand how you would not see the option for hold music.

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered ·
You don't have to share anything sensitive or anything at all really.  Just look at that section and see if it looks like this or not.  I think the forum has a problem uploading images now, but you can see it here:  https://imgur.com/4Nhifav

Sure, can you contact me directly? I'd prefer not to post a photo of our company poral/our phone numbers.

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered ·
You need to look under the user, not the phone.  But, I see these are limited extensions which I am not very familiar with.  If you go to users can you find the Screening, Greeting & Hold Music section for 3005?

That line isn't under  Users because it is not assigned to a user. It is a common area phone; listed under  Phones & Devices.  Are you unfamiliar with this also?

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered ·
I am not sure.  I see 3005 listed as assigned to the device in your screenshot.  I guess you can't see that user or if you can, you don't see the Screening, Greeting & Hold Music section?

april-thompson1 avatar image
april-thompson1 answered ·
Does that conf phone have a presence listed and is the box checked that says ring my phone when monitoring another phone?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app