question

lauren-williams avatar image
lauren-williams asked saadetswift16514 commented

"Transfer Now" Sending to Voicemail Instead of Ringing

I have one user that uses "transfer now" from the IOS RC app and it will not ring on the recipient's phone, only go to voicemail. Is this a setting for her user account? Nobody else is having this issue currently. This happens to every end user she tries to transfer to so I believe it is a setting in her account not the recipients.

voicemail
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered
Hey Lauren,

Did you still need help? If so, could you walk me through the exact steps the user is taking? I wonder if she's missing something
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

lauren-williams avatar image
lauren-williams answered saadetswift16514 commented
Good afternoon.

Thank you for the follow up! Upon testing with a few other employees we have determined that this is an issue with the "RingCentral" app for IOS. When your phone goes to sleep (like everyones does typically after about 30 seconds of inactivity) the app changes your status to invisible and sends all transfers directly to voicemail. Incoming calls ring through just fine, but transfers go direct to voicemail. This only happens when you do not have the app pulled up and live on your phone. 
3 comments
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hmmmm.....have you checked with Tech Support on this behavior? Because it seems like it's acting wonky to me
0 Likes 0 ·
lauren-williams avatar image lauren-williams commented ·
I tried but it just went in circles. They're trying to relate it to an internet speed issue but it's not. It only happens when the app goes to sleep and I couldn't quite get anyone to understand that.
0 Likes 0 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hey Lauren, based on the case notes, it looks like the Support agent was waiting for some information about your network setup so that they could make sure it has been optimized. I think that could be affecting how things work but it also seems like there's something else going on. Either in Settings or with the app. What needs to happen is that Support should gather the logs from your Users when this happens. You users can open a case directly from the app by tapping their profile picture, then Help, the Report Issue. 

Keep me posted! I can follow up on cases and make sure you're getting the help you need :)
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app