Question

RingCentral Softphone App Update 20.1.0.38205 Broke the HUD

• 26 March 2020
  • 5 replies

I found that after updating the RingCentral Phone softphone app to version 20.1.0.38205, my HUD is empty and I am not able to add my team members back. Anyone else experience this? I'm hoping this is not happening with our ~400 users who are mostly working remotely.

5 replies

We have seen this.  We have been able to fix it by logging out of the soft-phone and then logging back in.  That has brought the HUD back.
Thank you. I restarted my PC and experienced the same thing. But, logging out and back in just now "resolved" it.
Restarting our machines fixed the same issue we were having.
My HUD was totally gone from my menu after the update this morning. Logged out and restarted my computer, now I can't get logged back in... error message: "Service unavailable - RingCentral Phone service is unavailable at the moment. Please try again later or go into Calls Only mode to make calls." I primarily use the RC desktop app; I only use the RC Phone app for the HUD, so hopefully it'll come back soon, and ultimately hoping the HUD will be integrated into the RC desktop app.
Same here Laura. Was annoying getting used to having to use two different apps for my phone calls but I had gotten used to it, and now it just breaks!? Starting to wonder if the people at Ringcentral even use their own apps.