News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
RingCentral Softphone App Update 20.1.0.38205 Broke the HUD
Tags: hud
Mar 26, 2020 at 5:24am   •   5 replies  •  0 likes
rob-byers

I found that after updating the RingCentral Phone softphone app to version 20.1.0.38205, my HUD is empty and I am not able to add my team members back. Anyone else experience this? I'm hoping this is not happening with our ~400 users who are mostly working remotely.

5 Answers
answered on Mar 26, 2020 at 8:03am  
Same here Laura. Was annoying getting used to having to use two different apps for my phone calls but I had gotten used to it, and now it just breaks!? Starting to wonder if the people at Ringcentral even use their own apps.

answered on Mar 26, 2020 at 7:09am  
My HUD was totally gone from my menu after the update this morning. Logged out and restarted my computer, now I can't get logged back in... error message: "Service unavailable - RingCentral Phone service is unavailable at the moment. Please try again later or go into Calls Only mode to make calls." I primarily use the RC desktop app; I only use the RC Phone app for the HUD, so hopefully it'll come back soon, and ultimately hoping the HUD will be integrated into the RC desktop app.

answered on Mar 26, 2020 at 5:28am  
We have seen this.  We have been able to fix it by logging out of the soft-phone and then logging back in.  That has brought the HUD back.

answered on Mar 26, 2020 at 6:27am  
Restarting our machines fixed the same issue we were having.

answered on Mar 26, 2020 at 5:37am  
Thank you. I restarted my PC and experienced the same thing. But, logging out and back in just now "resolved" it.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us