question

joseph-gilmore avatar image
joseph-gilmore asked russell1 answered

I use ring central, my customer uses zoom.....

I use ring central, my customer uses zoom. If I send him a meeting link with my ring central program, can he use that link to join with his zoom account? I don't want him to have to download ring central.

Thanks,

Joseph

meetingsvideo
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

bob-robinson3288 avatar image
bob-robinson3288 answered
Yes, by using the meeting ID.  I don't think using the invite link would work.  He would just open Zoom and put in the 10-digit meeting ID.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

alfm15395 avatar image
alfm15395 answered
I would also like to know the answer to this.  Please post the result.

Ring Central uses Zoom under the surface is it's meeting client - so as  Bob says it should be possible.
1 |3000

bob-robinson3288 avatar image
bob-robinson3288 answered bob-robinson3288 commented
I tested it.  Granted, it was on a machine that has RC Meetings and the Zoom client installed, but I started a RingCentral Meeting and then opened the Zoom client and clicked Join Meeting then put in the 10-digit meeting ID and it worked.  I can test on a PC that doesn't have RC Meetings installed to be sure.

Note that this is the answer  today.  There's certainly no guarantee that RC will continue to use Zoom as the foundation, and there's also no guarantee that Zoom will always recognize RCM meeting IDs.
1 comment
1 |3000

bob-robinson3288 avatar image bob-robinson3288 commented ·
NOTE - if you go to the zoom.us website and put in the meeting ID there, it will download the RingCentral Meetings client, not Zoom, even if Zoom is installed.  Looks like you need to open the already-installed Zoom client and put in the ID there.
0 Likes 0 ·
don-dimaano avatar image
don-dimaano answered

When i entered my 10 digit Ringcentral meeting ID to a Zoom client, it said "Invalid meeting ID". How did you guys made yours work?

1 |3000

russell1 avatar image
russell1 answered

This feature has since been disabled or is no longer working. This maybe due to the fact that RingCentral is now a competitor to zoom or it has something to do with zoom's new and improved security features.

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app