question

mike-cooper1 avatar image
mike-cooper1 asked teresa-habeck5373 answered

Ring Central App on a Android over WiFi

Anyone have any experience with Ring Central App on a Android like Galaxy Tab only using WiFi or other reccomendation for a mobile type device in a building/office ?

mobile
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jenn-community-moderator avatar image
jenn-community-moderator answered
Hello Mike!

Can you tell me more about it? 
Do we have issues with our RingCentral App? 

Thanks! 
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mike-cooper1 avatar image
mike-cooper1 answered jenn-community-moderator commented
no, I am looking for a recommendation based on experience, They are looking for a way to have a mobile version of a handset for the receptionist without adding another cell phone, so I am thinking an android tablet like galaxy tab running the Ring Central Phone app, and connected to the Wireless network should be able to receive calls and redirect them as needed ? Any Experience  ?

thanks,

Mike
1 comment
1 |3000

jenn-community-moderator avatar image jenn-community-moderator ♦ commented ·
Thanks for the clarification! 
Yes, it should work on any tablet (Android and IOS) and phone. 
We support Android OS 5.0 and up (Android 10 / Android Q supported).

Thanks! 
0 Likes 0 ·
teresa-habeck5373 avatar image
teresa-habeck5373 answered
Hi Mike, We have about 20+ mobile users using Android devices. Our receptionist uses a computer with the HUD on it and has the computer for calls (though we have switched back to having a phone for convenience since we have multiple rotating receptionist now) We also use surface pros and I now rarely use my desk phone since i use my cell or computer for the bulk of my calls now. 

There are a couple of issues that we have experience on the Cell phone is that when a call comes in on the actual cell it interrupts the call you are on. if you are on a tablet you likely will not experience this. also if you receive a text or notification from any media application on there is a pause int he call. Also if I am on call or meeting my Bluetooth headset and another call comes in it disconnects the Bluetooth and will have to reconnect it or quickly jump to speaker which is annoying, I mostly use a wired headset now anyway but keep that in mind.
I wish RC would figure out how to prevent other apps to interrupt a phone call. 

I think if your receptionist uses a tablet or computer (surface or laptop on WiFi) you wont have those issues. I absolutely love using the computer though with Glip and the HUD tells our reception who is available and can transfer, text, group chat each other very easily. Hope this helps....
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app