question

nationwide-legal-santa-ana avatar image
nationwide-legal-santa-ana asked mary-community-moderator answered

Deleting a fax before it's sent

Today, I submitted a fax filing to a northern CA county superior court, within a few seconds I realized I didn't include a crucial document, the status of my fax still showed as "Submitted" , so I deleted it and resubmitted the complete/correct set of documents. After a couple of hours I received two notifications via email from RingCentral confirming that both my faxes were successful and sent, even though, my fax log only shows my 2nd fax (I deleted the 1st one)! So, just to make sure I understand this, the "Delete" feature doesn't retrieve or cancel a submitted fax, regardless of the status? I thought "Submitted" meant it hasn't been completed or sent yet and I could stop it. I understand when the status changes to "Sent" is when the task is completed!

fax
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered
Hello!

Submitted status is already trying to send the fax specially if there's multiple pages. Once submitted, it can no longer be stopped.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app