Steps to produce issue (with iOS screen captures in the images section at the bottom):
1. Have user login to RingCentral mobile app on iOS.
2. Have user set status to Available and toggle ON the setting to "Accept queue calls."
2. Call user's extension directly.
3. User will be able to click blue checkmark and answer the call and each party can hear each other.
4. Hang up the call.
5. From a different phone, call a Call Queue that the user belongs to.
6. User will be able to click blue checkmark and answer the call. However, it will immediately close the dial-pad and present with the Recent Calls display and a green menu bar with the text "Switch call to this device". Neither party can hear each other and the user's status will show "On a call".
7. Have user tap "Switch call to this device."
8. A pop-up will appear that reads "Call switch | You are currently in an active call with [Caller ID]. Would you like to continue the call on this device?" Have the user tap "Switch."
9. Now the dial-pad options are visible and both parties can hear each other.
We're not certain of why this changed or if it's intended functionality. It results in a poor experience for both the users and callers, because the users require extra steps to answer a Call Queue call and the caller hears dead air while the user is making the switch.
Has anyone else encountered this? Can someone from RingCentral weigh in? Is there a setting change that we need to make?