question

peter-mohr avatar image
peter-mohr asked Becky-Community_Manager commented

Group messages from same sender in new app

1. US
  2. NA
  3. How can we group messages from the same sender in the new RC app? Currently they display on a new line with the same name.
  4. RC Classic performed this but when testing in new app then the messages are not combined
  5. 20.2
  6. 450

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Marcin Szaniawski avatar image Marcin Szaniawski commented ·

Old application grouped messages send one by one by a single sender until someone new posted a new message.

Ring central app keeps printing sender name, this is a real problem
ringcentral.png

I hate your messaging system but unfortunately am obligated to use it by organization

1 Like 1 ·
ringcentral.png (94.9 KiB)
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Marcin Szaniawski commented ·

@Marcin Szaniawski Can you please clarify?
You're saying "printing" - are you printing these exchanges?

Or are you talking about grouping messages from people?

0 Likes 0 ·
Marcin Szaniawski avatar image Marcin Szaniawski Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

Grouping (Printing on the screen, displaying on the screen)). At the moment redundant information about the person posting the message is displayed.

Old glip grouped messages from the same sender in the block until someone else posted a new message

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hi Peter,

We'd like to take a look at this. Can you send us a screenshot for an example of what you mean?
0 Likes 0 ·
peter-mohr avatar image peter-mohr commented ·
These were just listed under the original sender until the next person replied but now it shows the senders name every time they send a message.

0 Likes 0 ·
peter-mohr avatar image peter-mohr peter-mohr commented ·
No this is the messaging view from the new RC app. If I post to a group then the system does not put them together they make a new line for every post I just spoke with our RC Product team that said this was a feature in the July release.

1 Like 1 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ peter-mohr commented ·
Peter, do you mean that Group SMS doesn't work on your RingCentral App? Sorry, i can't see your screenshot clearly. Also, can you check if you're on the latest version?
0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app