question

marcus-mann avatar image
marcus-mann asked mary-community-moderator edited

Four receptionist then answering service after X number of seconds

I have four receptionists that answer our main line.  I need them to be able to see the presence of the other receptionist's extensions and be able to forward to an answering service if the call is missed.  What is a good solution to make this happen?
call forwardingpresence
14 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

joshua-blackwell5743 avatar image joshua-blackwell5743 commented ·
You need visibility of all users?  How many users do you have?  What type of device are the receptionists using?  I would recommend your receptionists using the RC phone app (not RC app) so they can use the HUD feature to be able to add/see all users.  Have you thought about switching the ring group to a call queue for the 4 receptionists?  This would show them as busy on the presence.  The difference is that a ring group rings a person's device whereas a call queue ring's a person's extension.
1 Like 1 ·
Phil Denton avatar image Phil Denton joshua-blackwell5743 commented ·

I still recommend the RC Phone app as well. I know RingCentral is trying to get the most of out of their Glip investment, but none of my clients care about the bells and whistles you get with the RingCentral app for Windows.

0 Likes 0 ·

@Phil Denton

1. CQ Route to Extension: Reach out to your sales rep and they can get this enabled. It's available but not released.
  2. Dial by Extension: You can dial by extension at any time in RC, as long as you're not on an active call (actively speaking to someone or leaving a VM message). You would have to dial the ext. and the system recognize it before the VM beep.
1 Like 1 ·
Could the other receptionists be added to the presence of each receptionist?  One receptionist would be able to then look at her phone or HUD in the desktop app to see the status of the other receptionists.  For the call to go an answering service, that would be set in the messages and notifications for the main line.
0 Likes 0 ·
marcus-mann avatar image marcus-mann commented ·
I am a little unclear when it comes to presence.  We need to be able to see ALL of the phones's status (not just the receptionist), so I need them all on presence, correct?  When a client calls in, I need all four phones to ring simultaneously, if they don't answer, it goes to the answering service.  A ring group seems to work best, but we loose the presence feature for the four of them when they pick up from the ring group.
0 Likes 0 ·
marcus-mann avatar image marcus-mann commented ·
We have a total of 18 extensions that everyone needs to be able to see who is on a call or not.  Everyone is using Cisco CP8611.  The app is not the direction they can go because their screen already has 10 other things open.  A call queue cannot send the caller to our external answering service.
0 Likes 0 ·
joshua-blackwell5743 avatar image joshua-blackwell5743 marcus-mann commented ·
The only workaround I can think of is to have a CQ of the 4 receptionists.  If they miss the call, it goes to VM.  On the VM greeting, there would be a custom message that says "press 1 to go to support" (or some other extension).  1 would be an extension that connects to the answering service.  You're essentially dialing by extension in the VM message.  Be sure to leave enough time after the prompt and before the beep to give the caller enough time to key press.
2 Likes 2 ·

You can dial by extension during a voicemail greeting???

0 Likes 0 ·
joshua-blackwell5743 avatar image joshua-blackwell5743 marcus-mann commented ·
There's a feature on the road map that allows call queues to route to extension (user, IVR, CQs, etc.).  Once this is released, you would be able send calls from the CQ to an extension that is forwarding out to your external service.  You can reach out to your sales rep to see when the feature will be released and the possibility of getting on it early.

You want visibility (presence) of all 18 extensions on the Cisco 8611?  It's limited to 8 users on presence unless you are using a sidecar. 
1 Like 1 ·

This feature - forwarding a Call Queue to any extension I want - is LONG overdue. Anyone know if it's there yet? I just looked and I can only send my Call Queues to voicemail.

All my client wants to do is have all their phone rings and then roll to the IVR if no-one answers! This should be easy!

0 Likes 0 ·
marcus-mann avatar image marcus-mann marcus-mann commented ·
We use sidecars
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app