News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Latest upgrades are actually downgrades
Tags: community announcement
Jul 20, 2020 at 3:41pm   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
dj-service

I have a 1 person company plan. Recently the latest updates to both RingCentral for Windows and the RingCentral App for Android have been more of downgrades than upgrades. For example...

RINGCENTRAL APP:

- I have to keep the app open and running in the background to be able to receive calls and texts. In RC Phone app, it would always receive calls and texts. That is a MUST when running a business.

RESULT: I had to go back to RC Phone app which apparently is no longer supported. Great work RingCentral team :(

RINGCENTRAL FOR WINDOWS:

- Unable to search for texts older than a month unless I load previous messages multiple times until that text finally appears. This is insane as I would need to know exactly when that text chain occurred. I also find it ridiculous that the phone app can easily find text conversations when searching for numbers regardless of how old the text is.

- The newest version ONLY allows group texts to see each other's names/contact info and responses, unlike the android app where that feature can be turned off. WHY include that feature on one but not both programs?

RESULT: I have to downgrade to 19.4 Ringcentral for Windows.

Question? Why do I need to go BACKWARDS to keep my features?

1 Answer
answered on Jul 21, 2020 at 5:32am  
Are you an iPhone user?  With the recent updates we have seen the symptoms you described strictly with iPhone users.  I believe there is a workaround of sorts with some special permissions and special RC number to dial into.  Support may be able to shed some light on this.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us