question

jeff-johnson3302 avatar image
jeff-johnson3302 asked jeff-johnson3302 answered

RC Meetings command line parameters

I am able to launch RC meetings and join a meeting using the following command line parameters.

"--url=zoomrc://ringcentral.us/join?action=join&confno=9999999999"

where 9999999999 is the meeting ID.

Is there a way to specify the login credentials from the command line? i.e. phone number and password?

The reason for the question is we want to provide an easy link to our users in meeting rooms that will allow them to start the room as the meeting host without needing to enter the credentials. We have a PC that is running RC Meetings but occasionally people will logout the room from the app and then the room won't join the meeting as the host.

meetings
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

benjamin-dean avatar image
benjamin-dean answered
Which command line are you opening this from please (as I want to test this myself)? DOS, BASH, ZSH, other?

Also, the "--url=..." looks like a command parameter, which command are you using please?

Lastly, have you tried using "&username={ {USERNAME}}" and/or "&password={ {PASSWORD}}"? I only ask this last question because that is where I would start, then I would move on to using some common CLI flags (in *nix-based systems) such as "-p" or "-pass".

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jeff-johnson3302 answered
This is from the DOS command line. The full command line is actually.

RingCentralMeetings.exe "--url= zoomrc://ringcentral.us/join?action=join&confno=9999999999"

My assumption had been that the parameters are being parsed by the executable and so I looked at the executable in a hex editor and found some possibilities for parameter identifiers but none of them appeared to work.
1 |3000

benjamin-dean avatar image
benjamin-dean answered
After doing some hunting around, I do not believe this is possible since authentication is required (or the executable must maintain a cookie/session for remembered sessions).
1 |3000

OK, thank you for looking into this. I appreciate it.
1 |3000

ted144 avatar image
ted144 answered
Hi Jeff, Ben is correct. This is not possible as this would be a security issue passing credentials in the open. We have a product for conference/huddle rooms called RingCentral Rooms that solves the host use case that you a referring to. More importantly, RingCentral Rooms allows you to book RingCentral Meetings directly to the conference room resource via integration with Outlook and Google. https://www.ringcentral.com/office/features/ringcentral-rooms/overview.html 
1 |3000

Hi Ted,

I looked into "Rooms" but it appears you need an iPad and an iMac Mini. We already have a PC in the room so that is not a solution for us unless you support "Rooms" with just a PC.

Thanks,

Jeff.
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys