question

ovunc-gursoy14019 avatar image
ovunc-gursoy14019 asked Kenny FONG answered

How can I disable call recording for an active call through the RingCentral API

I want to disable call recording for certain Area Codes. So I just want to disable call recording for a specific call programmatically. There are a couple of APIs but I could not figure out which one to use.

Call recording feature is enabled for all user. I dont want to disable their global call recording settings but want to disable only the active call.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

call recording
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

You will have to implement a lot to get the job done. Presumed that you set auto call recording by default for those users (meaning that all calls will be automatically recorded)

1. Listen for all coming calls to the users you want to interact with.

2. Detect when a call is connected and the area code from the caller's phone number of the notification payload from step 1.

3. Use the telephonySessionId and the partyId from the incoming call notification from step 1

4. Pause the call recording using the Call Control API

If you don't set auto call recording for those users, then do the opposite in step 4 to start recording for those numbers which are out of your area codes list.

Hope this helps!

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

ovunc-gursoy14019 avatar image
ovunc-gursoy14019 answered Kenny FONG commented

Thanks for the answer, that looks promising.

In the API,

https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/accountId/telephony/sessions/telephonySessionId/parties/partyId/recordings/recordingId

It also requires recordingId, do I get recording id along with the response of the incoming notification?

Thanks a lot.

2 comments
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Good catch. Let me check how to get the recordingId. It might be missing right now. So meanwhile, you can think about an option to turn off the auto call recording then use the Call Control to start recording for those area numbers you allow to record.

0 Likes 0 ·
Kenny FONG avatar image Kenny FONG Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Hi, I just across this thread after attempting to do a pause/resume call recording on active calls.

I am using the following steps:

1) Retrieve list of active calls using https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/Call-Log/listCompanyActiveCalls

2) Then use https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/Call-Control/pauseResumeCallRecording

However step 2 requires a recording id which is missing from the response in step 1. I am developing in Sandbox mode, which requires a manual intervention to initiate recording.

Am I able to retrieve the recording of an active call?

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

@ovunc-gursoy @Kenny FONG

I found the way to get the call recording id. I have not tested yet but I think it should work.

Once you get the telephony session id of an active call, which you want to control the recording, call the Get Call Session Status API and parse the response to detect the recording id (if the call is being recorded) from the "recordings" array. If the call is not being recorded, you can call the Create Recording API to start the recording.

1 |3000

Kenny FONG avatar image
Kenny FONG answered

@Phong Vu Thank you, the call is now stopping and starting using the method you outlined yesterday

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys