question

Trevor Kurtz avatar image
Trevor Kurtz asked ·

Ring Desk Phone Before Desktop/Mobile App

I was wondering if we could configure the RC desk phone to ring before the desktop and mobile apps? It would also be nice to separate the desktop and mobile apps to configure them on their own as well.

ringcentral appcall handlingcall handling rulesdeskphone
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Jessica-Community_Moderator avatar image
Jessica-Community_Moderator answered ·

Hello,

This has been brought up with the Product team who confirmed that this ask is known, and is planned. At the moment, there is no ETA for when it will be implemented.

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Michael Housman avatar image
Michael Housman answered ·

I definitely agree with Trevor here. I've been asked this by my clients asking to have their Desk phone ring before their mobile / desktop app, or even to be able to change the order and move it to later in the order.

This would be beneficial for not just this client, but other clients who have asked for this feature!

JJ Millis avatar image
JJ Millis answered ·

I 100% agree with this request! Coming from a former VOIP competitor a majority of my end-users want calls to ring their desk phone first before it rings out to their desktop app or mobile app. This is a standard functionality of most competitors.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces