question

CHAYA JAMPOLSKY avatar image
CHAYA JAMPOLSKY asked Becky-Community_Manager edited

Screen conference by caller id

I received the email regarding secure meetings. I would like to suggest that there should be an option to have conference calls screened by caller id. I only use audio conferencing as most of my clientele don't have online access and as much as I try, people call in with from unrecognized phone numbers that are not in my contacts. Being that these are for paid courses it is disturbing.

Please consider it as a feature update.

phonecaller id
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

CHAYA JAMPOLSKY avatar image CHAYA JAMPOLSKY commented ·

Yes. I know. The ideal situation would be to register the phone numbers of the attendees first and bump off any caller whose phone number is unrecognized. Unfortunately the current system is not foolproof and I am constantly having issues with it because of this.

In any case, thank you for your time in responding.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

I don't think that this is supported right now. Because the platform does not keep track of a list of your meeting attendees, nor it would know which phone number your attendees would dial in.

I am looking for other APIs to see if this can be implemented separately but I could not find any solution currently.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys