question

Christina Gray avatar image
Christina Gray asked jessica-community-moderator commented

Share screen with video AND AUDIO during a RingCentral Video Conference

Zoom has a checkbox on the share screen window to share computer sound. This way when you share a video during a conference, the participants see the video AND HEAR THE AUDIO. RingCentral Video does not have this option. Please include this as part of the video conferencing platform.

video
3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Brian Smith avatar image Brian Smith commented ·

100%, this is needed. Webex has this functionality. We have been sorely disappointed in the lack of features in RC Video thus far and have no confidence in the Zoom-based product from a security standpoint. We have to switch between RC and Webex if we are doing any kind of video sharing for training or other presentation purposes.

1 Like 1 ·
Alex Perlman avatar image Alex Perlman commented ·

I am on with Ring Central tech support right now about my concern, which is the same as identified here. This functionality needs to be included in Ring Central Video before I lose access to Ring Central Meetings.

0 Likes 0 ·
luke-morehead avatar image luke-morehead commented ·

We have already been "upgraded to RingCentral Video for free" and have consequently lost access to audio sharing. Is there any indication this feature is coming to RingCentral Video? If not, has anyone evaluated Zoom Phone versus RingCentral?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered Joseph Stephens commented

Hi everyone, The Product Team announced that it will be available by Q1 2022.

8 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

luke-morehead avatar image luke-morehead commented ·

That's great news. Thanks, Mary!

1 Like 1 ·
Alex Perlman avatar image Alex Perlman commented ·

We should not be forced to migrate from Ring Central Meetings to Ring Central Video until this bug is fixed.

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Alex Perlman commented ·

Hey, @Alex Perlman We're glad to work with your team and Account Manager to defer if needed.
Please reach out to us directly at Community.Support@RingCentral.com

0 Likes 0 ·
Kyle Heney avatar image Kyle Heney Alex Perlman commented ·

The workaround is to start your meeting from v.RingCentral.com to enable audio sharing during screen sharing sessions.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeff Loney avatar image Jeff Loney commented ·

I still don't see this feature on the RC desktop app. Any news?

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Jeff Loney commented ·

Thanks for following up! We will check with the Product Team and update you here.

1 Like 1 ·
Jeff Loney avatar image Jeff Loney mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hello Mary, is there any update on this feature?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app