question

Andrew Ross avatar image
Andrew Ross asked Andrew Ross answered

Outlook RingCentral Plugin

Hello, I am getting the following error after installing the RingCentral Outlook Meeting Plug-in. The Plugin shows up in Outlook, but when you click Schedule a Meeting a Meeting opens, but a popup error displays "please install the ringcentral meetings for meetings on your computer" Here is a snip of it.

Any ideas why this is happening? I searched the knowledge base about this error, and the information they provide is incorrect. I have 64bit Outlook installed.

Thank you

Andrew

o365
1599145819927.png (10.6 KiB)
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jenn-community-moderator avatar image jenn-community-moderator ♦ commented ·

Hello Andrew,

Apologies, It might be the plugins for RingCentral meeting is outdated. I would highly suggest opening a case here. Our phone support will get in touch with you as soon as possible.

Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
Eli Boone avatar image Eli Boone commented ·

What was the resolution for this issue? I have a few users who started to experience this within the past week or so. I have followed a few docs that said to run a repair of O365, as well as making sure O365 is updated. Reinstalled RingCentral v22.2.20.3283.

Also disabled outlook RC plugin, repaired O365, then reenabled the outlook RC plugin, but still the same error msg.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Andrew Ross avatar image
Andrew Ross answered

It's been a while, but I believe after setting the RingCentral for Office 365 up in Azure Active Directory as an Enterprise application, for the entire organization, this particular issue went away. I checked the date of the original post, and the date of the adding of the app and they were on the same date. If you are an admin, add the application as yourself, and it should ask if you want to enable it for the entire organization.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app