question

Jeroen Couwenberg avatar image
Jeroen Couwenberg asked Embbnux Ji answered

Ringcentral Office Embeddable showing CRM contacts in the embeddable

Hi,

I am developing a integration between Freshdesk en the Ringcentral Embeddable. I am however trying to find a way where I can display contacts inside the embeddable.

Use case is:

Call comes into the embeddable.

Take the phonenumber from the call and do a search in Freshdesk

The search results from that call should then be displayed in the embeddable

My Idea was that this is possible in the cotnact page using the emthod described here:

https://github.com/ringcentral/ringcentral-embeddable/blob/master/docs/third-party-service-in-widget.md#show-contacts-from-your-application

however 1. I cannot get the data type to be a postmessage (it is not described anywhere) and 2. Even if i change it in the browser console and see it going all the way through to the postmessage event it will not work. The contact from the example is not showingn up in the contacts page.

Can you help or assist with this?

With kind regards,

Martijn

sdk
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Embbnux Ji avatar image
Embbnux Ji answered

Hi Jeroen, from use case, you should use this API https://github.com/ringcentral/ringcentral-embeddable/blob/master/docs/third-party-service-in-widget.md#show-contacts-matcher-result-on-calls-history-and-incoming-call-page

And I am not sure about "I cannot get the data type to be a postmessage (it is not described anywhere) ". Can you provide the example code and detail steps that you do.

For contacts match API. There are only two steps to do:

1. register the contact match service
2. Listen the match event from message event, and provide match result to Embeddable

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys