question

Steff Harry avatar image
Steff Harry asked mary-community-moderator commented

Created Meetings not showing in schedule list

So in the RC app we are testing the meeting function so we can get rid of our existing software. We created a meeting for the next day, and for some the meeting doesn't create. For some the meeting creates and shows online, but does not show in the RC app (desktop).The meetings are created through the RC desktop app, as that is what the staff is using.

Trying to figure out why the meetings are not showing for 'within the next few days' on the schedule. Thoughts?
rcmtg.pngAlso when the invitations are created, why is it always UTC for the time? We have set our timezone.

meetings
rcmtg.png (88.6 KiB)
3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Steff Harry avatar image Steff Harry commented ·

That seems a tad un-necessary and bad design that items created in the app, need a third party software integration to show in the app they were created in. Not sure what the point of that is and is most un-useful. Thank you.

2 Likes 2 ·
Daniel Reynolds avatar image Daniel Reynolds commented ·

RingCentral should show this internally on the events tab even without integration to an external app. This seems pretty standard since the event was created in your app and you have the data already. It should display in the events prior to sending it to an external calendar?

1 Like 1 ·
H K avatar image H K commented ·

I should be able to see upcoming scheduled meetings on all platforms (web, desktop & mobile) without integration of third party calendar. Are you indicating that this is NOT possible?

0 Likes 0 ·
jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered mary-community-moderator commented

Hi @Steff Harry,

You'll need to connect an Outlook Calendar or a Google Calendar to the app, and then create your meetings in Outlook/Google to synch to the meetings tab in the app.

4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Terrence Gallagher avatar image Terrence Gallagher commented ·

apparently this is still an issue. is RingCentral doing anything about this? is has been a year.

0 Likes 0 ·
H K avatar image H K Terrence Gallagher commented ·

I should be able to see upcoming scheduled meetings on all platforms (web, desktop & mobile) without integration of third party calendar. Are you indicating that this is NOT possible?

0 Likes 0 ·
Terrence Gallagher avatar image Terrence Gallagher commented ·

That is absolutely ridiculous, why should I have to use a third party calendar? What if I am not signed up for either and don't want to be? The worst part is my new job is using Outlook for email, but RC won't let me connect with that calendar it forces me to use a calendar that I don't use. Try and be more like Zoom.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Terrence Gallagher commented ·

Hi @Terrence Gallagher You can use your computer's calendar, too. Can you tell us more about your issue with connecting your Microsoft Calendar?

0 Likes 0 ·
Matt Rhoads avatar image
Matt Rhoads answered H K commented

This solution works, but it pulls in EVERYTHING from your calendar. That is not an acceptable solution.

1 comment
1 |3000

H K avatar image H K commented ·

1 Like 1 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app