question

George Notel avatar image
George Notel asked ·

Virtual Backgrounds not working even though computer qualifies

I have a user who just received a new computer I built for him. It is running an Intel i7-10750H @ 2.60Ghz, 16GM of RAM, Windows 10 1909 64 bit. RC Desktop app says his machine doesn't meet the specs. I know this is incorrect as my machine has lesser specs, and virtual backgrounds work just fine. What else can I do to force virtual backgrounds to work?

virtual background compatibility
1 |1500 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered ·

As per system specs your hardware is fine it seems:

https://support.ringcentral.com/article/RingCentral-Meetings-Virtual-Background-Hardware-Specifications.html

But default this options seems to be disabled. Once an option is enabled, Hosts and Participants can find the additional Video Background settings in the Meetings for Desktop.

ref: https://support.ringcentral.com/article/4637.html?language=en_US

Make sure the option is enable from your end and you are not running into issues for that

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

George Notel avatar image
George Notel answered ·

It worked on his previous computer which was of course not as new or speced as high. I checked his account settings to be sure and Virtual Backgrounds are enabled. I believe I enabled it system wide for all my users some time ago. So I'm still not sure why it won't work for him.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app