question

John Matteson avatar image
John Matteson asked mary-community-moderator commented

Hide a User from the Contact List

I have door intercoms and warehouse paging extensions I would like to hide from the contact list. Is there a way to do this?

contacts
5 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Cote_Business Systems avatar image Cote_Business Systems commented ·

I have many extensions (15+) that are also setup as specialty call handling extensions for triggering some business process that get messed up if users call the extensions directly. I urgently also need to hide these extensions from users.

I am also using multi-site functionality and many of our sites are totally different business departments and want to contact their own business contacts, not the entire country wide company list of contacts.

0 Likes 0 ·
Joe Cache avatar image Joe Cache Cote_Business Systems commented ·

I agree that there needs to be some checkbox that allows a contact to be hid from search, AND from the dial directory. We have callers that know the owners first name, and use the Dial Directory to dial straight through. Well, we have multiple people with that same name...

The other reason for this is that, other than MacGyvering the usernames, the fax numbers all float to the top of the user lists. Our users do not need to see the 15+ fax lines before the start of the user list. (if this makes sense)

Also, the groups that are used to do announcement loops, or other groups for the IVR - need not be in the general view.

The place for this logically would be on the Users Detail - most likely near the 'Enabled' checkbox.

Thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·
Laura Anderson avatar image Laura Anderson Cote_Business Systems commented ·

Agree that this needs to be a thing for all levels, not all numbers, users, groups need to be searchable.

0 Likes 0 ·
Steve Jones avatar image Steve Jones commented ·

Hi. Just wondering if this feature is still planned for roll-out to the general (non-beta) public this year?

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Steve Jones commented ·

Hello! We'll check if there's an update on this.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Becky-Community_Manager avatar image
Becky-Community_Manager answered Joe Cache commented

2021-09-13-11-31-44.png

Hey, team! Just wanted to make sure to update you on this new feature in the Admin Portal.
We don't yet have a KB article to include here, but I'm glad to answer any questions you might have.

12 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Joe Cache avatar image Joe Cache commented ·

When does it roll out to us not working for RC ? :)

0 Likes 0 ·
Joe Cache avatar image Joe Cache Joe Cache commented ·

A follow-up for Becky - your Support teams do not know that this went live today, AND they are stating (after some time chatting) that only the Account Rep can make that change.

After chatting with our account rep - he had to put in a 'manual' add - since the Company Directory setting isn't in the predefined box.

Just a FYI.

0 Likes 0 ·
Andy Anderson avatar image Andy Anderson commented ·

Very excited about this feature. Any ETA on when customers will see it? Not showing in my portal yet.

0 Likes 0 ·
Joe Cache avatar image Joe Cache Andy Anderson commented ·

Andy,

After chatting with Support, we were told that only our Account Rep could turn it on - this was days ago, as he's telling us that he had to get authorization from Management to then tell the Tech team via a Manual Request to turn that 'Company Directory' on. We still haven't seen it...

Hope that helps.

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Joe Cache commented ·

Hey, folks! Sorry for the delay in response - we were trying to get some more details into why this feature required Account Manager action.

I don't have much to share in the way of details, but I'm still digging into it.
In the meantime, I am happy to help escalate your requests with your Account Managers.
Hit up my team at Community.Support@RingCentral.com and we will follow up with your Account Managers to enable this feature.

-1 Like -1 ·
Show more comments
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app