Question

Recording stop after caller is put on park location

• 15 December 2020
  • 4 replies

I called support and learned this is expected behavior. This is not how other call recording systems work. The call should stop recording for the hold and start back once resumed.

4 replies

Userlevel 1

A parked call can be picked up by any other agents and it is kind a new call (even the session id remains the same). I am not sure that it should behave as you expect that the recording must be resumed. It is not the same as hold/resume a call.

I agree with Chris. After the call is resumed it should start recording on the extension that continues the call. Right now I am looking for important conversations that happened after the call was retrieved from Park 71. I can see the length of the call shows it connected; however I am unable to find the recording. Anyone have a fix for this?

@patti-c. I guess you can request this missing aspect as a feature to be added where resumed call can be recorded. You can add it as a feature request in idea portal which will help RC team to add that in furure version.

We would like to have Park Location/ Extension be available for Automatic Call Recording so that they don't have to patch 1 call to another. UID: 268820041.