question

Community Living On Call avatar image
Community Living On Call asked Carlos Valdes commented

Have RingCentral place a call to a number when a new Voicemail is left?

Is this possible? I have Notifications set to text the person that a new Voicemail has been left, and it also sends an email with a copy of the recording, however this is for a 24/7 on-call line and sometimes the person is sleeping. An email or text notification won't wake them but a call would.

If RingCentral could place an automatic call to them this system would work perfectly for us! We need the person calling to leave a message first for documentation and tracking purposes, which is why we are trying to go this route instead of having the call go directly through to the person.

Thanks!

notifications
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Wendy Busse-Coleman avatar image
Wendy Busse-Coleman answered Community Living On Call commented

Good afternoon,

I see your dilemma. Why not have the number forward to their MOBILE Phone? The caller won't know that number (we prefer to keep the direct lines and mobile numbers private) but it would accomplish your challenge of getting the attention of the associate on-call.

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Community Living On Call avatar image Community Living On Call commented ·

We need the Voicemail as documentation.

Maybe there a way to then ring through to a phone after the voicemail is left?

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered jenn-community-moderator edited

Hi @Community Living On Call

This feature is not available. You can submit a feature request HERE! Thank you.

1 |3000

Pete Ingaunis avatar image
Pete Ingaunis answered Carlos Valdes commented

Wendy,

This is very much a feature we are looking for as well. I understand the idea behind forwarding the phone. That goes down a path where the call can be answered by the on-call persons voicemail. And calls can be missed.

We came from an environment that had phone notification for voicemail messages. If a message was left it would call the number and attempt to deliver the message. If the message was still unanswered after say 5 min it would try again. It would repeat this process x number of times. If we so wanted we could also add a backup on-call person so it would try that new number x number of times. If at any time that message was heard (read) then notifications would stop.

I do see the SMS / Fax API allows you query voicemail messages and there is a field "totalElements": 1 this is for the 1 new message in my mailbox. I am not really a coder and but sure someone here might know of a way to build an application that could perform this query. When there is an element do a RingOut maybe to an announcement only extension notifying there is an On-Call voicemail message. And just repeat that query every 5 - 10 min.

If you have found another solution please let me know I would be interested. I will continue to find a solution. If I do, I'll try to remember to let you know.

Pete

1 comment
1 |3000

Carlos Valdes avatar image Carlos Valdes commented ·

Hi Pete, I know this is quote old. However, have you found a RingCentral feature that allows this by any chance?

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app