question

Ravindra Jumrani avatar image
Ravindra Jumrani asked Phong Vu commented

Main Company Number requried for Authentication

Hi I am using my company Ring Central Account to test the API but every time I get

Content: {

"error" : "invalid_grant",

"errors" : [ {

"errorCode" : "OAU-140",

"message" : "Invalid resource owner credentials"

} ],

"error_description" : "Invalid resource owner credentials"

}

I am using the correct username and password. I tried username with the account user name, my phone number, main company phone number but every time I get the same error.

Do we need to 101 extension always or the extension number of the account of which we are using credentials.

Thanks.

authentication
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

If you use the main company number to login with the super admin (normally the 101 extension), then you don't need the extension number. If you use the main company number to log in another user extension, then you must specify the extension number. Remember the password must be the password of that user extension.

One way to double check if you are login with the correct username and password. If you can login the service.devtest.ringcentral.com, you should be able to authenticate your app with that username and password.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Ravindra Jumrani avatar image
Ravindra Jumrani answered Phong Vu commented

Thank You Phong Vu,

I am not able to login with the username (email address and not my phone number) and password on service.devtest.ringcentral.com but using same credentials I am able to login to https://service.ringcentral.com/.

Does it mean that we have to only use admin account to connect an API. I confirmed with my network team that the account I am using doesn't have admin privileges.

I tried with all combinations

1) Username (email address) and password (101 or my account extension)- Fails.

2) Username (Main Company Number) and password (101 or my account extension)- Fails.

3) Username (My account Number) and password (101 or my account extension)- Fails.

I am tried with the sample code provided in the below link as well but got the same results.

https://developers.ringcentral.com/guide/meetings/quick-start#c#

Thank You in anticipation.

5 comments
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

When you wrote this "I am not able to login with the username (email address and not my phone number) and password on service.devtest.ringcentral.com but using same credentials I am able to login to https://service.ringcentral.com/." It means that you are talking about your production environment.

In that case, you have to graduate your app to the production then change these app credentials in the sample code.

const string RINGCENTRAL_CLIENTID = "<ENTER PRODUCTION CLIENT ID>";
const string RINGCENTRAL_CLIENTSECRET = "<ENTER PRODUCTION CLIENT SECRET>";
const bool RINGCENTRAL_PRODUCTION = true;

0 Likes 0 ·
Ravindra Jumrani avatar image Ravindra Jumrani Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

I understood but since this my new API, it won't allow me to graduate to production until and unless app is working on sandbox without any errors.

Please let me know if the API will only work with the admin account or a general account as well.

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Ravindra Jumrani commented ·

Then you have to log in with a test user under your sandbox account! And you should know a user login credentials under your sandbox account.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys