question

Arto Basmadjian avatar image
Arto Basmadjian asked AJ Smith commented

RingCentral app keeps ringing after caller hangs up

So, I just tried the 'flip' option on my mobile app, to send the call to my laptop. Within a couple of seconds, my laptop started ringing. I didn't answer it. Then the original caller hung up. My laptop kept ringing for about a minute, until I unlocked my laptop and hit ignore. Is there some sort of timeout that should prevent it from ringing that long?

phone
4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Erin McCaffrey avatar image Erin McCaffrey commented ·

This is happening for one of us also - any resolution yet?

0 Likes 0 ·
Erin McCaffrey avatar image Erin McCaffrey commented ·

not using mobile app - not flipping call - person on other end hangs up regular phone call and ring central disconnects, but seems like chrome extension has some ghost ring going on - no way to answer - just rings and rings - might be some connection issue to headset - seems like it happens as soon as headset disconnects?

0 Likes 0 ·
Erin McCaffrey avatar image Erin McCaffrey Erin McCaffrey commented ·

maybe i commented on wrong post?

0 Likes 0 ·
AJ Smith avatar image AJ Smith Erin McCaffrey commented ·

I am experiencing this same issue.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

tak-it1 avatar image
tak-it1 answered

This is because you need to hit the checkmark button on your mobile app once you're ready to complete the flip, ie: when you've picked up the call on your laptop. Your extension is basically calling itself when you do the flip, hence the reason it doesn't matter if the client hangs up - YOU still need to answer it or hang up on your end.

But if you're flipping between your mobile and desktop app, I wouldn't use the Flip functionality - you should instead click the banner that appears on your mobile and desktop app that says "switch call to this device" - much more seamless and integrated. I've never really found the flip option to be that great as it has too many extra steps.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app