I spent 5 days with tech support trying to solve this problem when we found Teams was not going to work for us as a phone services provider. Follow this and avoid wasting time.
Converting Yealink T56A and T58A phones from Teams OS to SIP to enable use with RingCentral
- On the phone, tap the upper right corner to enter settings
- Tap on Gear to obtain Device Settings (you may have to swipe up on the phone)
- Select About
- Prepare a spread sheet because you will need the following information for every phone to be converted:
Co Portal Version
- Make sure the phone has the latest Firmware (Consult http://support.yealink.com/documentFront/forwardToDocumentDetailPage?documentId=261) If the Firmware is the latest, skip to Step 10. If not, download the latest firmware.
- On the phone select Network and enter the password. Default user and password are admin and admin. You need to touch the screen to bring up keyboard.
- Open a browser and go to the phone’s ip address. Login is admin admin
- Go to Setting … Upgrade and on the bottom line, browse to the place where you downloaded the latest firmware.
- Select the firmware and click Upload. The firmware will upload and the phone will re-boot.
- Send the information from the spreadsheet developed in step 4 to Yealink, by going to their website and opening a support ticket.
- Go to http://support.yealink.com/ and select Ticket
- Fill in the blank and Create and Issue
- Inform Yealink that you want to convert the phone to a SIP phone for RingCentral
- Yealink will send you MAC address specific licenses
- To install the license, return to the phone’s browser page, Select Security … License
- Browse to the license which matches the phone ip Address. You may need to go to Settings .. About on the phone to get this again.
- Click Upload
- Then ReBoot the phone by going either to: 1) on the phone, to reboot (above About) and then selecting reboot and confirming, or 2) on the browser go to Settings… Upgrade….Reboot.
- The next step is upgrading the firmware. Go to http://support.yealink.com/forward2download?path=ZIjHOJbWuW/DFrGTLnGyploAOxsQD/XzpOaqhFOhYrPixvrxLiND8SIanDGRXr9cOS8iIEJygNnWBLFIGPXGaurKXfcgwJHnjlDRXnDq86zW/3QsaYMxxb7em/8YM73N and download T58V(T56A)-126.96.36.199.rom
- Follow steps 6, 7, 8, 9.
- Make sure you have the phone configuration screen open in a browser and on another screen you must be logged into the RingCentral Administration port.
- On the RC Admin Portal go to Phone System – Phones and Devices -- User Phones and select a person to provision, when the next screen opens, select setup and provision.
- Select Other phones Tab
- Select phone
- Change outbound proxy to SIP20.ringcentral.com
- DO NOT close this page. You will need the User name, password and auth ID in the browser page.
- Go to the browser for the phone and select Account – Register
- Turn on Line Active
- The label is the name of the person or position using the phone
- The display name is the name you want the phone to show on other phones
- Register Name is the Authorization ID from the Setup and Provisioning page in the RC admin site.
- User name is the User name from the Setup and Provision Page in the RC admin site.
- Password is the password from the Setup and Provision Page in the RC admin site.
- SIP Server 1 Server host is sip.ringcentral.com
- Enable Outbound Proxy
- Outbound Proxy Server 1 is sip20.ringcentral.com port 5090
- Press confirm and wait 30 seconds.
- Check the phone for dial tone and ability to call out