question

Umair Arshad avatar image
Umair Arshad asked Umair Arshad commented

Account says "It seems your account does not have a phone number which is provisioned for High Volume SMS." Email suggests otherwise

I recently applied for a high volume sms account as I work for a company that wants to use ring central more for it's mass text messages. A few days back, I got a message saying that I the number I use for programmable messages was enabled for this:

1613763639351.png

Now this is the number (+12815170550) I used for sending messages, it is not the number I login with. I know there is a way to tie multiple phone numbers to one account, and that is a feature I am interested in. However currently I am trying to learn more about sending mass sms messages, and when I login to the link in the email (https://ringcentral-a2p-sms.herokuapp.com/) I get the following message:

1613763796710.png

"It seems your account does not have a phone number which is provisioned for High Volume SMS. Please follow the instructions below to acquire a number: "

Was my number enabled? Was the number enabled on a different account? Is there something else I need to do? Any advice would be helpful.

sms and text messaging
1613763639351.png (57.3 KiB)
1613763796710.png (36.6 KiB)
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

John avatar image John commented ·

Did they tell you how many text message can you send a second with "High Volume SMS" I know the software we created "Send It" allows 60 per minute, per line.

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ John commented ·

Not sure where did you get the message "Send It allows 60 per minute, per line."

With High Volume SMS, it is up to 3 messages per second. However, it depends on the system's queues at that moment.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Umair Arshad commented

Are you the owner of that number? If not, ask the admin to assign that phone number to your extension.

4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Umair Arshad avatar image Umair Arshad commented ·

Hey Mr.Vu, the phone number is the company's main number. I had used it for programmable messages, but it seems I cannot use it for this.

I have asked for a new number, my direct number 12819624626, to be enabled. Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Umair Arshad commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
Umair Arshad avatar image Umair Arshad Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

I have done so.

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Umair Arshad commented ·

And if you want to use the main company number, you need to assign thru the IVR setting to an extension. And that extension can login to use it.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys