question

Don Zelenak avatar image
Don Zelenak asked Anirban answered

System wide speed dial

Is there a concept of a "system wide speed dial" - I.e numbers we can program in that can be speed dialed from either a soft button on each phone, or dialing a special code (I.e. dialing "*1" from any phone on the platform would call a number we have defined in the system?)

phone
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hello @Don Zelenak, for feature requests, please submit it in our Ideas Portal here.

0 Likes 0 ·
tak-it1 avatar image
tak-it1 answered

You can create a queue, close it for all hours save for 15 minutes on a day you won't need the speed dial (say, Sunday from 2am - 2:15am) -> Call Handling and Forwarding -> After Hours -> Forward to external number -> enter the number.

There is a limit of 100 call queues per account, so this may not work if you have multiple in use queues and/or over 100 #s you need as speed dials.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered

This is actually a brilliant idea (Speed dial with a defined number) . This will actually save time in calling most frequent or emergency numbers. But as per I am concern its still not there in the system. If you can create this as an idea on idea portal, I think RC team can look into this as a future implementation.

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app