question

Nell Saunders-Scott avatar image
Nell Saunders-Scott asked mary-community-moderator commented

RingCentral Outlook Add-In Deletes Room Reservation

Hello,

Our organization recently adopted both Outlook 365 and RingCentral. I am using the RingCentral Outlook Add-in. In Outlook, we have physical rooms set up as resources so they can be reserved in an Outlook event. Sometimes we have both in-person and virtual attendees for meetings so need to reserve both a physical space and create a RingCentral meeting. I am finding that when I add a Ring Central meeting using the RingCentral add-in AND invite one of our physical meeting rooms to an event, the Ring Central add-in overrides the room reservation so the room calendar does not show that it is reserved.

Anyone else have this issue and know how change settings so that adding a RingCentral meeting does not delete the physical room reservation? Thanks in advance!

ringcentral appo365
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Nell Saunders-Scott avatar image
Nell Saunders-Scott answered mary-community-moderator commented

I figured out a work around that seems to be working. I created and saved the Outlook event with just the RingCentral meeting info created and then I went back in and invited the physical room resource and hit "send" again. That seemed to work and the event does show up on the calendar for the physical room.

When I tried in the opposite order with room reservation first, hitting "Send", then adding the RingCentral meeting info, the RingCentral overrode the physical room reservation, just like adding them both at the same time...

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks for sharing this, @Nell Saunders-Scott.

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app