question

Jeff Hug avatar image
Jeff Hug asked Akhilesh Mengan commented

Zapier Fax Issues,Using Zapier to send PDF for Faxing

When I try to use Zapier to take a file from Google Drive and send a fax using RingCentral, all that RingCentral sends is a cover sheet. So not only is the PDF not being sent, but a cover sheet is the only page despite selecting no cover sheet in Zapier. If I change the step to send me an email, the PDF comes through just fine. Has anyone successfully sent a fax using Zapier?

faxzapier
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Akhilesh Mengan avatar image Akhilesh Mengan commented ·

Hi Jeff,

Thank you very much for bringing this up. Integration Engineer team had identified performed the root cause analysis and fixed the issue. In the new RingCentral Zapier you can now do attachments in the File while setting up the fax action in RingCentral.

Please let us know if you are still finding issues while using fax action with attachments.

Thanks.

Akhilesh Mengan.

1 Like 1 ·
Jeff Hug avatar image Jeff Hug Akhilesh Mengan commented ·

Thank you. It is now working with PDFs, though I cannot fax docx files using Zapier. It fails on the RingCentral step with an error of 'Refusing to send with "application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document" content type'

While I could use Zapier to convert it to PDF, this would add 3-4 steps and would overcomplicate the job. Any ideas?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Akhilesh Mengan avatar image
Akhilesh Mengan answered Akhilesh Mengan commented

Hi Jeff,

Thank you very much for bringing this up. Integration Engineer team had identified performed the root cause analysis and fixed the issue. In the new RingCentral Zapier you can now do attachments in the File while setting up the fax action in RingCentral.

Please let us know if you are still finding issues while using fax action with attachments.

Thanks.

3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

This question/answer should be under the customer community so other customers can see it. I will move it over the customer community!

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeff Hug avatar image Jeff Hug commented ·

While this fixes it for PDFs (and possibly other file types), it still won't work for word documents. I'm not sure if it's a problem on Zapier's end or RingCentral. The error states "Refusing to send with "application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document" content type'

0 Likes 0 ·
Akhilesh Mengan avatar image Akhilesh Mengan Jeff Hug commented ·

Hi Jeff,

Yes there was no support for JPEG/DOC/DOCX earlier. But now with the new build all these formats can be used while performing attachments in the fax. Please let us know if you are still facing issues with the attachments in fax.

Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app