Skip to main content
Some of our offices get a lot of telemarketing calls that call over and over again. Can we block numbers to the call queue groups?

Rhonda,

Any numbers you block in the Super Admin extension (x101 by default...unless you have changed it) will be blocked account wide (i.e., all extensions including Call Queues since they are an extension) as well as faxes and SMS texts.

Okay, so I am a Super Admin, if I block the numbers under my account it will block for all?
I have done that but it didn't seem to transfer to other extensions? Support told me I needed to repeat the process for all extensions?

How to import a list of numbers to block? 
Everyone has collected spammer numbers in their individual RingCentral login, but it does not stop them from coming in via the Call Queue.  

Consider an option to "ADD TO GLOBAL CALL BLOCK LIST"
Of course that is a dream because after 5 years of asking for a central caller database that can be shared, we've accepted it is just not going to happen. Ever.

I assume this is not a feature yet, and although Glip is highly un-intuitive and lacking most basic features, replacement of desktop and mobile phone app with a less productive app and useless feature bloat is more important than anything like this that would enhance productivity and reduce work for teams.

The "SuperAdmin" is super busy of course,  currently the only way we can think to manage this is to have each user email the SuperAdmin every time a spam call comes in, or use our EXISTING group meeting/messaging feature Skype, Microsoft Teams, or Slack.  Sorry, no more room on our desktops to add Glip.

Please to consider making current RingCentral more productive, instead of moving backwards by forcing Glip with less features, on users who don't want or need it and prefer to be MORE productive.

I definitely want to block text messages going to any of our numbers. We have been receiving political spam. It's most annoying with our call queues because we are unable to respond to say STOP from our call queues.

it was probably true in 2016 but it doesn't work this way in 2021

It is not all super admin extensions, just the company main extension. This is absolutely true in 2021.