Skip to main content

We have RingCentral Polycom 450 phones and use the speed dial buttons to the left and right of the screen to call internal extensions quickly. But we also have a number of external - non RingCentral numbers that we call all the time and would like to program the speed dial buttons to call some of these numbers too. I am told this is not possible at this time and to submit it as an idea - so here you go.

On the VVX line of phones you can add contacts locally on the phone itself (Home > Directories > Contact Directory).  Not sure if that's an option on the 450.
I think you can also long hold one of the available buttons and program an external speed dial that way.

You can take previously called numbers and add them to favorites, then access them by pressing the up arrow on the phone: To add - on my VVX-450, for example, Home, 4,3,select recent call, OK (center button), "Save" (soft button below display), Edit [using keypad and arrows], and soft button "Save" again.

On my non-RC Poly VVX-450, once I add a few entries to the Presence buttons. Some added favorites creep up onto the presence keys as well, including outside numbers. Curious. Those entries can get pushed back down into Favorites as Presence entries are added.

Most phones on my client's system are RC-Poly phones, so I will be checking to see if the behavior is the same with these phones.