Skip to main content
Hello everyone,

We are new to RC and so far it seems to fit our needs well. We have three users - two are in the office most of the time and the third (myself) is out and about. The other two users have Polycom desk phones, I elected to stick with the softphone. I'm running RingCentral for Mac 
Release: 8.3.6.24042 on macOS Sierra. I also make frequent use of the RingCentral for Android app on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

For my needs, I would really like to find the perfect wireless headset. I have pretty severe ADHD and tend to move around a lot while I'm on phone calls (especially conference calls or online meetings.) I have a set of Jabra Rox wireless earbuds that don't seem to really work with RC. My in-depth research (seriously, I've spent DAYS looking at this stuff) shows me that Plantronics is the recommended headset manufacturer of choice - that's great, I love Plantronics headsets. I used a Savi W740 at my previous job and really loved it, but that's not a good solution since I'm not at my desk most of the time. I saw that the Voyager Legend UC was probably going to be my best bet, so I started shopping. When I did, I saw that the Legend UC is actually an older model and the replacement model is the Voyager 5200. Of course, if I'm buying a headset that's over $100, I'd like the newest model 🙂 My question is this: does the Voyager 5200 have full integration with the RC desktop application like the Voyager Legend does? I can't seem to find that answer here on the forums and it's not on the "official" list provided by RC support. 

I'm really looking for a headset that goes with me anywhere - that I can throw in my backpack and use with RC on my MacBook. Any thoughts about this?
Just installed a bunch of Plantronics Savi W720-Ms and the clients love them. Use it with your deskphone w/EHS, via Bluetooth or via USB Mac/PC connectivity. Most have actually pairing their computers and using the softphone. As you see, they cover your bases.

Sorry the  Voyager 5200 is not a tested/supported model, but there's probably a good chance it will work. If anyone has tried it first hand please chime in and share your experience. 

Hi Mike,

I use Aftershockz I find them to work very well. I am still testing them but for now the only negative would be the inability to answer a call from my laptop app. I can answer a call from my phone by tapping the side of the headset .. It is bone conduction and costs 159.00. There is a model called opencomm by Aftershockz. but I am not keen on the boom mic sticking to my cheek. LOL