Skip to main content

I have a ticket open already but wondering if this is isolated to our organization. Emails going out via @rcfax.com appear to not be processed by RingCentral. Looking through the logs on our email servers I show the emails being received by RingCentral's SMTP server and getting back a 250 2.0.0 Ok: queued as XXXXXXXX. Faxes sent via the app is working but is not an acceptable solution for us as all faxes must be archived.

This is also happening to mine as well, from what I am seeing. If you go in the portal for RC you'll see the options to add or remove users to send faxes no longer are there. I have also submitted a request myself and have not heard back from them. rc-issue.png

The same thing is happening to us as well... All of my users have disappeared, and we are not able to send faxes via @rcfax.com. I cannot get a real person on the phone to assist, just told to go to the website... We have been a customer since 2015- THIS IS VERY FRUSTRATING!!!

Hi! Please refer to the same issue posted here below https://community.ringcentral.com/questions/107119/fax-only-account-cant-send-faxes-or-add-email-addr.html.

We understand your frustration with this. If you have already created a web case, our Tech Support will attend to it within 24 hours.

Hi Mary. I have reached out to our account manager for escalation. Waiting 24 hours for this is not really acceptable.

Ring Central support has confirmed there is an outage and this is being escalated up.

Same issue. This has been going on for 24 hours why has this not been posted to the service status page?

Support sent me back the link Mary posted. I don't remember ever receiving a notification this was coming so this is a big issue for us.

Setting up SFP, DKIM and DMARC is going to be required for email to fax to begin again. Support is stating we will need to have our domains validated before they allow faxing.

Hi @Tydings Rosenberg,
This is not due to a service outage but rather an issue with the affected accounts that must be remedied by the account owners.

Please see https://support.ringcentral.com/au/en/article/Best-Practices-to-Prevent-RingCentral-Email-to-Fax-Service-from-Blocking-Faxes.html for information on how to setup the appropriate email policies to ensure your email is secure (otherwise a malicious actor could impersonate your email to spam or defraud others).

Once you have set up the appropriate policies, support can assist in turning this feature back on for your account.

Hope this helps,
Mike

I am having the same issue and was never notified. I was able to use all services daily for 7 years and it stopped last week. My case #s 15086731 and15090245

This doesnt help. I need my account back up and running asap. My ticket is 15090245

Hi everyone! The Community Team is working with Support, and we gathered your accounts. We can see your cases, and we will follow up to make sure they're working on them. Keep coming in the comment section, and please make sure that before reaching out to Support, you have already checked if your email domain complied with SPF, DKIM, and DMARC. Check more info about it HERE.

Having the exact same issue with missing section in user acount settings (email addresses to fax) and not being able to send email to fax. Ticket No. 15094547. Spent almost an hour on the phone yesterday with support who rendered no assistance whatsoever. I've learned more in this thread than I did with the hour conversation. Ticket was being escalated but I have not received a call back.

This is a service status issue. Ring Central (if verified) made a change with out warning their customers that broke email to faxing. DKIM,DMARC, and SPF is not a RFC , not mandatory, and is considered only best practice at this point. (Take a look at the article tittle for a hint) This was a security implementation choice by ring central that caused a service outage for its customers. It is now prominently displayed on the service dashboard as it should have been from day 1.

https://status.ringcentral.com/

Also please confirm this statement that should hold true.: DMARC is not required by RingCentral for email to fax. Since this is a inbound filtering technology deployed for only inbound email at my site it has nothing to do with any outbound checks or settings for RC email to fax.

Basically saying that we need DMARC on is telling us we need a spam filter. I am assuming what you guys want are DKIM to be on. And maybee SPF. (But people will run into the 10 DNS lookups when sending email through large providers)

Case 15107621 - can you please enable this for us? We have DMARC enabled and yet support is just repeating itself and closing our cases. This needs to be fixed ASAP

So after about 60+ hrs of setting up DMARC, our account was finally re-enabled to allow Email2Fax functionality. Many of our users have access to update their email addresses that are allowed to send faxes via email. What will happen when one of them enters an email address that is not setup with DMARC? For example, they could enter their own personal ISP-provided email address that could easily not have DMARC setup. Will this trigger our entire account and stop all users from being able to send email2fax again?? I need to know what is triggering this and how to manage it.

We had the same issue and from our investigating, testing, calling, etc. - this is what I believe has occurred (would be nice if RC would publish something?!):

On Apr.15th, it looks like RC network security was changed and it was rolled out over several days to make SPF, DKIM, and DMARC email policies MANDATORY for all email addresses being used for Email2Fax. Their published article from May.21.2021 ( link ) explains this as a recommended best practice for improved email reliability, BUT I never saw anything published since that indicated they were making this mandatory on any scheduled date - maybe I missed it.

As part of activating this security policy, any accounts (not just extensions, but entire accounts) had their Email2Fax settings on all user extensions disabled and disappeared. This was a planned network change, not an outage issue - thus it is not showing on the system status portal.

RESOLVE: To re enable the functionality, you have to setup SPF, DKIM and DMARC for your email domain of the email addresses setup to send faxes from. Then you have to open a case to get it re enabled. It took us 5.5 days to get ours re enabled. When it was re enabled, we were not notified and our open case was not updated or closed - we just found out by testing several times every day until it started working again (and the ext settings reappeared)

OUTSTANDING: Since some users and admins may set "allowed email addresses" as ones that they cannot setup SPF, DKIM, and DMARC (eg. ISP-provided free email accounts, etc.) there could be problems with re enabling the functionality or the functionality be disabled again in the future? I have submitted a case requesting what is going to trigger this problem again in the future so that we can manage it better, but have not received any response yet.

Complete and utter terrible customer service. Sending a link with over 100 pages of directions to companies that have been using this service without issue for years and providing ZERO customer service support for your new standards that hit without warning is absolutely terrible.

Great. So now I have to become an IT professional to understand this mess instead of my job in Pediatric Therapy. Perfect! Great job supporting your customers Ring Central!