Skip to main content

I was wondering if we could configure the RC desk phone to ring before the desktop and mobile apps? It would also be nice to separate the desktop and mobile apps to configure them on their own as well.

I definitely agree with Trevor here. I've been asked this by my clients asking to have their Desk phone ring before their mobile / desktop app, or even to be able to change the order and move it to later in the order.

This would be beneficial for not just this client, but other clients who have asked for this feature!

I 100% agree with this request! Coming from a former VOIP competitor a majority of my end-users want calls to ring their desk phone first before it rings out to their desktop app or mobile app. This is a standard functionality of most competitors.

Hello,

This has been brought up with the Product team who confirmed that this ask is known, and is planned. At the moment, there is no ETA for when it will be implemented.

I too would LOVE this functionallity in RingCentral. Also coming from 'another' voip provider, many of my users/executives would like to be able to have calls ring their desk phone BEFORE their desktop/mobile apps.

We need this as well. Do you have an ETA yet?

I would like this as well... It used to allow you to choose which you wanted to ring. This feature needs to be escalated as this is a major flaw.

Any further updates on when this might be implemented?

Why is it taking a year to advise this is still not a standard feature? I know when we had reasonable requests the developers were able to implement the changes with the next update. Seems this is not an important request for RC. I am 100% positive it is a major concern for all your customers.

This has been an issue for us since day one of our singing up with RC. This is not something special, other providers have this as standard. We are 16 months later and still your customers cannot have this function? As a programmer, I don't see this being some big chunk of coding that would need to be changed - it would be code to make it possible to switch the order like we can already do with any of the other added Forward numbers in the listing. Is there any update on a time line for this?

Why does the Help page on this https://support.ringcentral.com/article/9758.html say that you can change the order of the Desktop & Mobile app?

Under step 3, it says "By default, the desktop and mobile apps option is enabled and is set to ring first before your other forwarding numbers. You can toggle the slider to disable it, or drag and drop Desktop & Mobile apps to change the order." But you can't drag it. While I would rather have the feature, at least make the documentation correct so we don't spend a lot of time trying to do what RC says can be done.

I agree, this should be a priority, after paying a lot for our phones, we don't use them to answer calls!

Please continue to vote for this NEEDED item here:

https://ideas.ringcentral.com/ideas/ENTCOM-I-231

And suddenly, it appears that this feature has been implemented?

All I can say is, as of right now, I can move our Yealink hard phones to position #1 in the ring order...

Yay!!!
I"m able to move Poly/Polycom phones into the #1 ring order position.

Hey, all! This has been implemented. Here is the Knowledge Base article for this feature: https://support.ringcentral.com/mvp/phone/call-handling-forwarding/rearranging-ring-order-of-numbers-devices.html

Hallelujah!! We are a RingCentral partner, and almost every customer we signed up complained about not being able to do this.