Skip to main content

We are unable to send text messages from any new number that is added to our account. We have reached out to support several times and have also filled out the TCR form more than once. It has been over 30 days and we have not heard back from anyone. I have also tried reaching out to our account rep and received no answer. Has anyone been able to get this resolved on their account? We use this feature daily for our business and none of our new employees can text our customers.

@Lori Browne I am looking into this with our internal teams. Give me some time to hear back from our internal partners.

Hi Lori - Experiencing the same. Every link to read more about TCR just takes you back to the same support article with zero additional info. This rollout has been less than perfect. No notice just disable SMS for any new line and let the customer call support with support stating you need to register for TCR even though SMS is not supposed to be disable until 3/31/2023. RingCentral needs to do better here. Turning off features without telling the customer is unacceptable and may even breach contract. I am beyond frustrated.

We are experiencing the same issue. Seems to only affect a few new users on our account.

This week I noticed that the Admin Portal has a Phone Systems section with Enhanced Business SMS. I managed to register our business successfully by doing the 10DLC TCR Registration there. I'm not sure if the issue was just with the random form I had to submit initially. Users who couldn't text before can now. I am still waiting for my text campaign to be approved. If that is not approved I’m not sure if I have to start over from the beginning. I also want to point out that we are charged each time we submit a request to register our business. If you were told to resubmit multiple times but weren't informed of any issues, you should check your next billing cycle. When I started this process back in January, I wasn't told that we would be charged with each form submission. If you submit through the Admin Portal, you'll be able to see the charges and must confirm them. I provided an image of where it is in the admin portal. Hopefully, this helps! sms.png

We are having the same problem here. I called tech support twice and also submitted a ticket. I have not received any updates. The Customer Support Rep. told me not to resubmit a new TCR form or it would start the whole process over again. We rely very heavily on text communication in our company and are struggling without outbound texts. We are able to receive them but not respond. Does anyone have any advice for us? Are other VOIP systems having the same issue? Is there a 3rd party app to purchase that would fix this in the meantime? Are any of you looking to switch to another system?

We have been with RingCentral for over two years ALL OF OUR OUTBOUND TEXTING IS DISABLED ON 22 LINES. When you call customer support they essentially read the script and often don't even have the information being provided on the website which is contradictory at best.

Our SMS works fine on 3/6/23 then 3/8/23 no outbound service is available.

Support goes on to pass the buck to the TCR and FCC but the brand registration which is supposed to complete in 10-15 minutes has been pending for over 12 hours.

I have now been on the phone with support waiting to speak with a supervisor for the better part of an hour.

Once that is complete we have to deal with the campaign registry timeline which apparently has taken as long as 30+ days.

The cutoff date is documented on the website as the 31st.

The community manager reports that you have to build a campaign before brand approval but you can't start a campaign until the brand registry is approved.

We work with other communications providers for our sales channel and they had TCR knocked without us having to lift a finger.

WHY IS RINGCENTRAL PASSING THE RESPONSIBILITY TO THE FCC AND WHY IS THE INFORMATION BEING PROVIDED DIFFERENT FROM SUPPORT THAN WHAT IS ON THE WEBSITE?

This has been a complete disaster for our business.

We have submitted multiple TCRs now in different formats. Our original TCR application has been in pre-approval status for weeks. Nobody can tell us when it will be approved so that our new lines can SMS.

Combine the above with the current SMS outage and our business is crippled.

Our account reps have gone dark - they tried to help but it's clear they know about as much as we do about the situation.

We've been without SMS capabilities now for new employees for months. Yet we're still paying the full price.

@Becky-Community_Manager - are you able to look into our TCR applications or try to escalate? We are in a really tough position right now and you're our only hope.

Here we are on day 35+ paying for business sms but it's STILL not working.

We are still down 😞 4 days. what is going on?

Going on a week without SMS. We were told it was a TCR issue. I watched the Webinar and decided to contact other services to see if they were having issues. They aren't. Now we are being told it's an outage. Which is it? How is the technical support team so disconnected from everyone else that's been contacting us from RingCentral? I just want answers on how we can get our SMS back up and running so our business can stop losing money.