Skip to main content

SMS is the same thing as a text message, isn't it? We communicate with clients via text messages for their convenience. They usually initiate the text message. We never use text messages for advertising, and we do not ask our clients permission to send text messages, since th client is almost always the one who initiates the exchange via text messages. In my opinion, this whole thing is pointless, but I am willing to do it up to a point. However, I really do not want to bother all my clients with a form to give me permission to respond to their text messages. Do you have any suggestion other than to forego this means of communication?

Hey, @Barbara Lamar Obtaining consent is a requirement for all businesses that use SMS.

You don't have to ask your individual clients for consent but you do need to have a place where your policies around consent are noted.
Perhaps this is your website or in some form of communication.

I would review the CTIA guidelines around consent HERE on pages 12 & 13 and then submit with those guidelines in mind.

If you have questions, we're here to help. Please reach out here or shoot us an email at Community.Support@RingCentral.com